What would you do?
A coworker complains to you that he is sick of seeing the company pollute the waters of a nearby stream by dumping runoff water into it from the manufacturing process. He plans to send an anonymous email to the EPA to inform the agency of the situation. What would you do?
è I would support him and tell him to send the email.
Your firm has just added six H-1B workers to your 50-person department. You have been asked to help get one of the workers “on board.” Your manager wants you to introduce him to other team members, provide him with some basic company background and information, and explain to him how work gets done within your organization. Your manager has also asked you to help your new coworker become familiar with the community, including residential areas, shopping centers, restaurants, and recreational activities. Your goal would be to help the new worker be productive and comfortable with his new surroundings as soon as possible. How would you feel about taking on this responsibility? What would you do?
è I would help the co-worker to be familiar and work environment and I would also help him on the outside world.
1. Do you support the implementation of enhancements such as photo matching and access to additional government databases to improve the accuracy of the E-Verify system? Why or why not?
à I do not support the implementation of enhancement such as photo matching and access to additional government databases because nobody wants their personal records seen by the strangers. There should be authorization from the person who they are searching for.
2. If you were the owner of a small business, would you use the E-Verify system to screen prospective workers? Why or why not?
à yes, I would use it but I would ask for the permission first from the person.
3. Would you favor mandatory use of the E-Verify system at large corporations and government agencies? Why or why not?
à yes, I would favor a mandatory use of the e-verify system at large corporation and government because there is a long process to hire a person without a authorization to work in this country and they are temporary.
Problem with the suppliers.
1. What responsibility does an organization must ensure that its suppliers and business partners behave ethically? To whom is this responsibility owed?
à there should be a contract paper to sign which states the rights of the workers and if anything goes wrong there is a penalty.
2. How can an organization monitor the business practices of its suppliers and business partners to determine if they are behaving in an ethical manner?
à there should be rules and policy. And there should someone who is in charge who keeps records of everything.
3. Is it good business practice to refuse to do business with a supplier who provides good quality materials at a low cost but who behaves in an unethical manner? How can senior management justify its decision to do business instead with a supplier who provides lower quality or higher-priced materials but behaves in an ethical manner?
à It is better not to do business with the unethical suppliers but it is also not good to get the supplies from the lower quality goods with high price. I would tell the senior management to take a good look on the ethical manners and get a contract to sign them and get the supplies.