Oct 20th, 2017
1. Using the web, search for “software firewalls”. Examine the various alternatives available and compare their functionality, cost, features and types of protection. Create a weighted ranking according to your own evaluation of the feature and specification of each software package.
· Comodo firewall is a free security program. It has a combination of antivirus and firewall which cost $39.99per year.
· PC tools firewall plus is a free firewall which protects from hackers. And it is free of cost.
· Zone Alarm firewall is a firewall for windows user. And it cost $44.95
· AShampoo firewall free is a software which allows user to prevent from unwanted connections to internet. And it cost $9.95
· Online armor is same like other kinds of firewall but it has extra features which cost $12.95
2. Using figure 6-18, crete one or more rules necessary for both the internal and external firewalls to allow a proxy firewall in the DMZ to access an internal web server (rather than web server in the DMZ). Do you foresee any technical difficulties in deploying this architecture? What are the advantages and disadvantages to this implementation?
Timbuktu software is a software used as a remote control of computer across the internet. It was established by WOS. The mac and windows user can only use this software. The ports which are used for accessing internal machine used by the software is 1417/tcp- 1420/tcp
3. Suppose management wants to create a “server farm “for the configuration in figure 6-18 that allows a proxy firewall in the DMZ to access an internal web server (rather than a web server in the DMZ). Do you foresee any technical difficulties in deplying this architecture? What are the advantages and disadvantages to this implementation?
The configuration difficulties in creating required server farm are:
· In order to access the proxy, the proxy server must be configures.
· The administrator must define the rules that specify how the internal and external network users are allowed to access the webserver.
· The external firewall must be configures to avoid the attacks.
· The configuration rules must be defined carefully
· Direct access to the internal webserver is avoided.
· Authentication process is provided.
· The maintenance and configuration is expensive.
4. Using the internet, determine what application are commercially available to enable secure remote access to a PC.
The applications commercially available to enable secure remote access to a PC are:
· Commercial remote desktop software:
It provides graphical user interface connection to home or office remotely. The maintenance and installation are also cheap.
· Team viewer:
àIt is a commercial software for remote access.
àFile transfer is easy
àData transfer is sure
àIt is applicable on windows, Linux, mac and mobile devices as well.
5. Using a Microsoft windows system, open internet explorer. Click internet options on the tools menu. Examine the contentsof the security and privacy tabs. How can these tabs be configures to provide: 9a0 content filtering and 9b0 protection from unwanted items like cookies?
Content filtering allows you to block the content which you do not want to show in the browser.
When we use this option we can block the cookies which are display directly to the browser.