Sep 29th, 2017
1. What does CISSP stand for? Use the internet to identify the ethical rules CISSP holders have agreed to follow.
àCISSP stands for certified information systems security professional. The ethical rules followed by CISSP are as follows:
· Provide skilled services.
· Confidentiality of the information
· Protect infrastructure, earn public trust
· Guarantee to perform professional activities with highest standards and moral values.
2. For what kind of job information security jobs does the NSA recruit? Use the internet to visit the page and find out.
àNSA is a vast network which is able to manipulate and analyze huge volumes of data. It is also known as the dream job for the computer science students. in NSA you will be able to maximize the knowledge, skills and ability to learn. There are vast majority of jobs available in NSA some of them are:
· Computer network operation
· Information system security
· Information assurance
· Project management
· Database management
· Web design
· Object oriented programming
3. Using the resources in your library, find out what laws your state has passed to prosecute computer crimes.
à Stalking: this is used for those who send threatening messages and harassing mails and message. The law was processed saying that harassing through emails and messages are supposed to be same as harassing in person.
Enticing away a child: this is a law passed where a person who entices children in internet chat rooms. A person was found guilty and was in the prison for a year and had to $1000.
4. Using a web browser, go to www.eff.org. what are the current top concerns of this organization?
à the current top concerns of the eff organization are:
· Free speech
· Intellectual property
5. Using the ethical scenarios presented earlier in the chapter in the offline feature called “the use of scenarios in the computer ethical studies”, finish each of the incomplete statements and bring your answer to class to compare them with those of your peers.
· The modification of the accounting system by the programmer is very unethical
à the privileges to access the bank’s accounting system should not be violated. The programmer violated the bank’s rules with the privileges he has.
· The decision of the user to keep the word processor package is unethical.
à the store should not send expensive software accidently and the people should not use it without purchasing it.
· The act of student using the software installed in company’s computer is ethical.
à the student is not copying the software to her computer therefore it is ethical.
· The act of student using the software installed in company’s computer during office time is unethical.
à the student is getting paid to do her work therefore she should do her work rather than using the software to do her own work done.