1. What does CISSP stand for? Use the internet to identify the ethical rules CISSP holders have agreed to follow.
It stands for Certified Information Systems Security Professional. They have agreed to the following ethical rules: protect society, the public and infrastructure, actor honorably and responsibly, and provide competent service to principles.
2. For what kind of information security job does the NSA recruit? Use the internet to visit its web page and find out.
Some of the jobs that NSA recruits for are:
· Digital Network Exploitation Analyst
· Computer network operator
· Software Engineer
· Cryptographic vulnerability analyst
· Computer Systems architect
- Many of these jobs require extensive experience and skills.
1. Should Iris have approached Henry directly, or was the hotline the most effective way to take action? Why do you think so?
Iris was right using the hotline. He wanted to protect the company from any threats that might be out there. It also protects himself, and he was able to correct the situation and get the two parties to come to terms.
2. Should Gladys call the legal authorities? Which agency should she call?
Gladys should call legal authorities and tell them of the issue. Gladys should call the police or call the Federal Trade Commission because there could be an identity theft. Either legal authority would be able to get Gladys the help that she needed.
3. Do you think this matter needs to be communicated elsewhere inside the company who should be informed and how? How about outside the company?
The situation should be brought to the attention of those who run the company. The managers and CEO’s need to hear about the issue. This would make them aware and give them a chance to prevent things like this from happening in the future. By knowing what can happen they can minimize the threats to their company.
Ethical decision making
Do you think Henry acted in an ethical manner? Did Iris act in an ethical manner by determining the owner of the flash drive? Assuming that this incident took place in the US, what law or laws has Henry violated? Suppose Iris had placed the flash drive back at the coffee table and forgotten the whole thing. Explain why her action would have been ethical or unethical.
Henry left vulnerable information on a readme from a computer that random people can use. The information could be used against those whom it belongs to. Henry could’ve done something to keep the information confidential, but he left it vulnerable to threats. Henry could be charged with many crimes in the US. Like identity theft or fraud. It is unethical to knowingly put others at risk, and by leaving their information vulnerable it was at risk.