2. F; The advantages of a virtual server are that it can be created and configured quickly, does not require a new physical server, and is easier to manage.
3. F; A thin client is a small terminal that looks like a desktop, but has limited capabilities and components.
4. F; Thin clients typically do not contain a hard drive.
5. F; Applications requiring complex, sophisticated mathematical calculation use supercomputers.
6. F; Most computers and electronic devices are digital, which use only two discrete states: on and off.
9. F; Instead of the term, port, the term, jack, sometimes is used to identify audio and video ports.
10. F; Newer versions of USB are backward compatible, which means they support older USB devices as well as newer ones.
12. F; NFC uses close-range radio signals to transmit data between two NFC-enabled devices.
2. Faulty ATM: If the ATM were to misread the amount on the check, you would want to make sure that you receive a receipt from the ATM showing the amount that was credited to your account.† Then you would want to contact your bank and tell them that it had been misread, usually they are able to help you deposit the correct amount of the check into your account.† Another step to take is to contact the customer service number on the ATM and they will be able to determine the problem as well.
3. Wearable Device Not Syncing: One potential thing that might be wrong with the synchronization is that they had been disconnected from Bluetooth, which is what usually connects the two.† The first thing to do is to check this to make sure they are synced, the next step may be to Google what could be the issue.
4. Battery Draining Quickly: I actually had this exact issue with my phone this summer.† I believe the issue with it was that there was a bug in one of the updates that caused my phone (and many other peopleís phones) to drain extremely quickly and die around 30%.† Ultimately what I had to do was get a brand new phone because the factory restart did not work with my phone.
9. Cloud Service Provider: If Iím unable to connect to the cloud service providerís website my first step would be to make sure that my username and password were typed in correctly.† If this did not get me onto the providerís website, I would maybe then call the IT department and ask them to help me problem solve connecting to the cloud.
10. Connecting to a Projector: Before heading into the meeting, I would make sure that I had saved my presentation in multiple locations.† I would have saved it on my laptop, put it on a flash drive, and emailed it to myself to make sure that I would have multiple ways I could access my presentation.† So when entering the boardroom and realizing that my laptop does not connect to the projector, I would then try to insert my flash drive into the computer that is already in the room and connected to the projector.
3. Search Skills: Search Operators
††††††††††† 1. Someone once said, ďLife is not fair, get used to it.Ē Who was it?
††††††††††††††††††††††† a.) Bill Gates said this quote
††††††††††† 2. What are three websites containing digital camera reviews?
††††††††††††††††††††††† a.) Digital Photography Review (www.dpreview.com)
††††††††††††††††††††††† b.) Digital Camera Review (www.digitalcamerareview.com)
††††††††††††††††††††††† c.) Imaging Resource (www.imaging-resource.com)
††††††††††† 3. How do businesses use near field communications?
††††††††††††††††††††††† a.) Businesses can use near field communications to be able to communicate quickly between employees and other businesses.† Employees can use NFC to be able to check into location sites and record their time spent on the clock at each location.† NFC is also able to provide real time updates by tracking employees or reading updated notes from staff or managers.
††††††††††† 4. Find five different words that complete the phrase, handheld ___ devices.
††††††††††††††††††††††† a.) Handheld mobile devices
††††††††††††††††††††††† b.) Handheld electronic devices
††††††††††††††††††††††† c.) Handheld computing devices
††††††††††††††††††††††† d.) Handheld digital devices
††††††††††††††††††††††† e.) Handheld medical devices