2. F; A single-board computer is often much less expensive than desktops.
3. F; A dual-core processor does not double the speed of a single-core processor, but it can approach those speeds.
4. F; Multi-core processors are more energy efficient than separate multiple processors.
5. F; The system clock controls the timing of all computer operations.
7. F; The digit 1 represents the electronic state of on (presence of an electronic charge).
8. F; RAM is the most common type of volatile memory.
9. F; The processor interprets and executes a program or applicationís instructions while the program or application is in RAM.
1. No Matching Port: If none of the ports on the back of the monitor will accept the monitorís cable, I would suggest to look into the box the monitor came from.† Usually there are cables that come with the monitor or any electronic equipment.† If there is still not a connecting cable that would work, my next steps would be to look on the internet to try and find a connector that will be able to accept the computerís cable and then plug into the monitor as well.
3. Nonworking Fan: What had probably happened is that your fan broke or is not functioning correctly.† What I would do is take my computer to a repair shop that will be able to fix the fan.† If that doesnít work, I would maybe try to use my computer for as long as I could before I would buy a new one.
7. Selecting the Right Processor: To make sure that I would buy the processor that would best fit my needs, I would do some research.† I would first find out what is out there, then I would read the reviews of each product to see how well it works and from there I can make a better decision on the correct processor to buy.
9. Internet Access Unavailable: If your internet goes out and you donít have access to your files because they are in the cloud, I would maybe try to carry a USB drive back and forth to work.† This would especially be a good idea if the internet tends to go out a lot.
10. System Password: My first step would be to see if I could reset the password myself.† There is usally a little link at the bottom of the login screen that will allow you to reset the password.† If that doesnít work, I would go to my supervisor to try and see if they know how to get into the computer.† Otherwise I know the IT department would be able to get into the computer and help change the password.
3. Search Skills: Limiting Search Results by Website, Date, and Location
a. Find information on Intelís website about core I7 processors that was posted within the past month.
i. The website below provides information on Intelís Core i7 server.† I could not find an article that was within the past month, but this gives details on one of their processors.
b. Where in your local area can you recycle used computer equipment and electronics?
i. The closest place to me that I could recycle used computer equipment is at a company called Tech Dump in St. Paul.
c. Find reviews of digital cameras posted within the past week.
i. This review is on October 5, 2018
ii. This article was posted on October 17, 2018
iii. This article was posted on October 18, 2018
d. Which laptops reviewed during the past six months have the longest battery life?
i. Lenovo ThinkPad T470, Dell XPS 13, Lenovo ThinkPad X270, and LG Gram