- Used as a tool to teach programming concepts to students.
- Offer cost effective solutions where traditional hardware would prevent implementation.
- Approaching desktop replacement performance.
- IDTechEx forecasts Microcontrollers and Single-board Computers industry will be worth US$300 billion by 2026.
- Key players in the future of single board computers wll include Apple, Samsung, Google and Amazon, as well as Arduino, Raspberry Pi Foundation and Beagleboard.
- NVIDIA is planning to use RISC-V processors as the next-generation replacement of the Falcon micro-controller.
- Growing Community
- Limited Interface
- Reduced Performance
- Barrier To Entry