ITS 230 SEC 001
Due on 11/16/18
3. False; In a file processing system, each department or area within an organization has its own set of files.
6. False; Database systems typically require more memory, storage, and processing power than a file processing system.
10. False; In a rollback, the DBMS uses the log to undo any changes made to the database during a certain period.
11. False; PERT charts are better suited than Grantt charts for planning and scheduling large, complex projects.
1) No Search Results: Double check that you entered a valid hotel room number, and if you still can’t find the room, contact the hotel for help.
2) Incorrect Price: The database that stores the prices of items might not have been updated to reflect the discount, which is why you weren’t given the discounted price.
3) Webpage Script: The webpage might be trying to load too much information or the script might be performing too many actions for your browser to handle. Make sure your browser is updated, clear the browser’s cache, and try again.
4) Data Entry Issues: You can try to abbreviate words like “Road” to “Rd”, or you can contact the Database Administrator and ask if they can expand the field size.
5) Incorrect Postal Codes: The four digit postal codes might be a result of the database not showing ending “0”s because the data type might be set incorrectly.
Internet Research (#5 Cloud Services):
1) State Cartographer’s Office à Find GIS Data à WI lake mapsà Ace in the Hole Lake: https://dnr.wi.gov/lakes/maps/DNR/1831600a.pdf
2) Xignite CloudStreaming (for ETFS/Stocks) could be used to update stock prices in a financial companion app that allows the user to monitor their investment portfolio. In order to access the actual pricing, you must create an account. However, they advertise a flexible pricing model that only charges you for the data you need. https://www.xignite.com/product/CloudStreaming#/productoverview