ITS 230 SEC 001
Due on 11/30/18
1. False; Useful information has meaning to the person who receives it.
4. False, The low cost makes drones useful for small scientific or conservation use.
5. False; In most circumstances, the licensed software owner can make one copy for backup.
6. False; Educational requirements for help desk specialists are less stringent than they are for other careers in the technology field.
8. False; Apps developed for a specific mobile platform or device generally don’t work on any other device without modification.
10. False; Few professionals have the experience and skill set to take a certification exam without preparation.
1) Keywords for Job Search: “technology” “support” “assistant” “corporate trainer”
2) Online Job Search: On the websites of companies that work in the computer equipment field.
3) Documenting Education and Experience: If you had an A+ certification, experience building and repairing computers outside of class, and are planning on working on other computer related certifications
4) Contemplating a Job Offer: I would wait for additional offers. Because you received an offer immediately, you can probably get a better offer if you are patient and wait to hear back about interviews with other better companies.
5) System Administrator: I would benefit from having Operating System Certifications, and certifications in networking, hardware and internet.
Internet Research (#4 Security):
2) Generally users are informed of security updates through the Java update assistant, the users web browser, or rarely via email.
3) Oracle claims that at least 3 billion devices are currently running Java.
4) Users can check in their applications and programs list if Java (or Java Runtime Environment/JRE) is installed on their computer. You can generally also do a keyword search in your OS’ program search box to see if Java is installed. Lastly, you can check if there are extensions/plugins installed on your web browser to support Java on webpages.