1. F 2. F 3. T 4. T 5. T 6. T 7. F 8. F 9. F 10. T 11. T 12. F
1. D 2. A 3. C 4. D 5. A 6. D 7. D 8. B
1. H 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. I 6. G 7. E 8. J 9. F 10. D
3. A hacker gains access to a network or computer by illegal means just to prove he or she can, but a cracker gains the same access to a network or computer with the intent to damage the system, steal data, gain information, and any other malevolent action.
5. A hacktivist is a person or group that has the same computer skills as a hacker or cracker and they reasonably believe they are doing something for the greater good of everyone. The action can be politically and or socially motivated.
7. A botnet is a group of computers that is remotely accessed by cybercriminals to perform nefarious actions to other networks. Often times the computer that is part of this botnet is called a zombie.
5. According to Trend Micro at http://www.trendmicro.com/us/business/saas/ here are some of the services offered by Trend Micro for Security as a Service:
Hosted Email Security is no-maintenance Software
as a Service email security that delivers continuously updated protection to
stop spam, malware, spear-phishing, and advanced targeted attacks before they
can reach your network. It includes email encryption to protect privacy.
Worry-Free™ Services is cloud-hosted security
that protects desktops, laptops, servers, and other devices using Windows, Mac
OS, and iOS, such as point-of-sale machines and tablets. Continuous cloud-based
updates protect your business data anytime, anywhere.
Deep Security as a Service delivers a complete
set of security capabilities for cloud workloads: intrusion detection and
prevention, firewall, anti-malware, web reputation, log inspection, and
integrity monitoring. Deployment and administration are fast and easy from a
centralized management console.
InterScan Web Security as a Service lets you
extend web security beyond the corporate network. Easily apply customized policies
for all users and all devices, whether on or off the network. Real-time web use
monitoring allows instant response to problems as they arise.
· Cloud App Security enhances Microsoft™ Office 365 with advanced threat protection controls to help you communicate and collaborate more confidently in the cloud. The solution extends Office 365 built-in security with sandbox malware analysis, document exploit detection, and DLP to protect Office 365 email, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint online.
Here is a list of features offered by Panda Security located at http://www.pandasecurity.com/usa/enterprise/solutions/cloud-protection/ for security of enterprises:
Minimized costs and reduced resource consumption.
Easy to install, use and maintain.
Proven and reliable services. Full assistance; 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year round.
Both systems offer a lot more features for enterprises compared to security solutions for home use. These systems offer more features than personal security software and they should. Enterprises have way more to lose when their systems are compromised. Businesses can fail severely if found to have an unsecure system and customers will not want to return to their site after a breach was discovered on an enterprise system.