1. F 2. F 3. T 4. F 5. F 6. F 7. T 8. T 9. T 10. F 11. F 12. F
1. C 2. A 3. D 4. A 5. B 6. B 7. C 8. C
1. G 2. J 3. C 4. H 5. A 6. E 7. D 8. F 9. B 10. I
4. “Access time measures the amount of time it takes a storage device to locate an item on a storage medium or the time required to deliver an item from memory to the processor” (pg 371)
22. A developer would install a backdoor in a program to bypass security in order to gain access to the software program. If the program is ever compromised and the program is locked the developer can access the program from the backdoor and attempt to unlock and or repair the issue.
25. Skimming is when thieves are able to add to or modify a point of sale device in order to retrieve the data imbedded in the magnetic strip located on the back of a credit or debit card. The thieves place a cover facsimile over the point of a sale device that contains a magnetic strip reader head and whenever the device is used the thieves are able to record the data from the card. The thieves then record the data onto a fake card magnetic strip and they are able to access your account and or withdraw funds from your account.