1. Find a site on the Web that offers classified ads for horses. Compare this site to exchangehunterjumper.com in terms of the services offered (the customer value proposition). What does The Exchange off that other sites do not?
https://www.dreamhorse.com/ DreamHorse.com advertises all types of horses where exchangehunterjumper.com is very specific in the horse they advertise. The value proposition that The Exchange has is giving their customers high quality/show Hunter or Jumper Hunter horses.
2. In what ways were social media effective in promoting The Exchange brand? Which media led to the highest increase in sales and inquires? Why?
Social media is effective in promoting their brand because of the fan based and reach they provide. It is also effective in passing visuals of their horses which is important for marketing. Facebook had been their best social media success. This is due to the 12,000 people they reached from both The Exchange and Aslin’s Facebook page. Which is more than the other social media.
3. Make a list of all the ways The Exchange attempts to personalize its services to both buyers and sellers.
· Help sellers present their horse in pictures and videos
· Recommend horses based on the forms buyers fill out
· Help sellers create an effective strategy for their horses
· Create the medium for buyers and sellers
1. Describe the two factors that make social, local and mobile marketing different from traditional online marketing.
The two factors different from traditional online marketing is that social, local and mobile marketing “engagement” and “conversation”.
· Engagement – to encourage potential customer to become fans and spread enthusiasm.
· Conversation – to strengthen the brand and drive sales by increasing your share online conversation.
5. What are the major social network sites?
10. List and briefly describe Twitter marketing tools.
· Promoted Tweets – Advertisers pay to have their tweets appear in users’ search results.
· Promoted Trends – Advertisers pay to move their hashtags to the top of Twitter’s Trends list.
· Promoted Accounts – Advertisers pay to have their branded accounts suggested to users who are likely to be interested in the “Who to Follow” list.
· Enhanced Profile Pages – Companies get their own banner and the ability to pin a tweet to the top of the company’s timeline.
· Amplify –Provides marketers with a real-time digital dashboard so they can see the resulting tweet activity about the show or the brand.
· Promoted Video – Allows advertisers to distribute video on the Twitter platform.
· Television Ad Retargeting – Marketers displaying TV ads can retarget those ads or other messages to tweeters in real time to reinforce their marketing message.
· Lead Generation Card – Embed a card into business tweeters’ standard Twitter messages. This process obtains users’ e-mail and Twitter account names to be tent to marketers.
15. What is the fastest growing m-commerce platform and why?
Tablets is the fastest growing m-commerce platform because of its larger screen size than the smartphone.
20. List and describe some basic location-based marketing tools.
§ Provides services to users based on their location like:
· Personal navigation
§ Proximity Marketing with Beacons
· Retail store retailers communicate directly with customers as they pass within a few feet of in-store beacons
2 Pinterest brand pages.
Etsy – incorporates all the marketing tools
Land’s End – incorporates all the marketing tools
The pages are interesting but some items I could not tell if they were being marketed at first glance. I was not sure if all the items were related to Land’s End. So I would recommend a little more clarity on these pages.