ITS 364 Ch. 20
1. Transitions are what happens when a slide switches from one to the next in an appealing way rather than just showing the next slide. Animations are different elements on a slide that makes objects on the slide have some movement.
2. Effect options allow you to change most things about the transition. It allows you to change the speed of the transition, which direction the transition moves from.
3. With an animated transition it makes the slideshow more appealing by giving a change in visualization from slide to slide.
4. The slow clockwise spin with sound makes it look like the slide is going down a drain and show the other slide.
5. The different animation styles change how the animation will look, slide in or fade in/out. The animation pane allows for the customization of the different aspects of an animation ex., speed.
6. Simple and to the point animations should be used in a formal setting because it should not be super flashy to take away from your point. People should be focusing on your idea rather than the animations of the slide.
7. Selecting object, picking animation tab, and selecting the motion path to make the object move.
8. You should only be using sound when it adds to the slide, like if you’re describing something, or need some emphasis. You could input an audio file into the slide.
9. School presentations allow for up to 30 seconds of use to still be within fair use laws. Anything more than that people should consider using royalty free music or pay for the rights. Fair use does not apply to businesses.
10. Microsoft Agent can be used to create animated characters that help get through pages and apps.