P. 280 Review and discuss
1. There are many kinds of video equipment to choose from. DSLR cameras are more for professional photography and also produce good quality videos also. Stabilized cameras are more for moving video. And goPro type action cameras are more for action shots that require a mounted camera to get the shot desired.
2. HD cameras should record in a 720p 1080p or 2160p resolution because these are the three main high definition resolutions. The lower the resolution the better the video can be for slow motion types of videos, but higher quality is better for higher quality video.
3. HD and UHD produce high quality videos either way but the UHD or 4k camera has four times the number of pixels to produce a video with more detail.
4. Letterboxing puts boxes on the top or sides of the video in order to show the video in the aspect ratio that the video was described in.
5. Interlaced video is updated by updating every other line of pixels. Progressive video is updated continuously line by line.
6. Storage media is either a portable hard drive, SD card, micro SD card and usually the main one you want to use is the one that is used by the video camera. A portable hard drive can be used to remove the media from the SD card so that a lot of videos can be recorded rather than be limited by the size of the SD card.
7. Donít leave the battery in the camera. The CMOS sensor size, and exposure values are what will help a camera be better in low light situations because the camera doesnít need to use so much of the processor to fill in dark areas that it cannot determine what should be saved in that part of the picture, this is a thing called noise and is a problem primarily in low light situations.
8. A script should just show a sequential description of events that are a part of the story the video is trying to convey.
9. The process of planning and shooting a video is to check/know your equipment and its capabilities, plan the video using a script/storyboard, record the footage, edit the footage, watch the video. The tips would be to use natural lighting, compose the shots by practicing and planning the shot out, and know your equipment and its capabilities.
10. Doing a video for a class and sharing it with your family would be a way you may want to share a video another would be recording a travel video to capture a vacation to share. One way to share a video is to upload to YouTube or on oneDrive but that only lets your share the link. It wont be available to the public.
P. 280 Applications