ITS 364 – CH5
P.107 Review and Discuss
1. Complimentary colors are opposite of one another on the color wheel. Analogous colors are next to one another on the color wheel.
2. Triadic color schemes are when three colors are equidistant from one another on the color wheel
3. The three most common color models are RGB, CMYK and HSB. RGB uses red, green and blue. CMYK is based on cyan, magenta, yellow, and black. HSB is based on our view as humans of color such as, hue, saturation and brightness to perceive color.
4. RGB is a combination of the 3 colors to produce other colors, each color has an intensity of 0-100.
5. The color mode tells the computer what color module you want to use and allows the user to use what works best for their situation.
6. It means that the colors being displayed or printed are out of the capabilities of the monitor or printer.
7. RGB is a color model that is based on human perception of color and uses red, green and blue to produce colors by different intensities of each color. CMYK is based on cyan, magenta, yellow and black pigments used to create color and produced using a printer
8. You can use the smartphone or desktop app to pull out certain colors to create a custom color theme or use other themes created by other users.
9. HSB is a color module based on human perception of color based on hue, saturation and brightness to perceive color.
10. Certain uses of color can help the viewer understand certain emotions or feelings based on how something is colored such as bright and vibrant colors looking fake or cartoonish or the use of warm colors to feel more comfortable or cold colors to have the viewer feel that area of the image is colder.
P.108 Applications problem #1