Review and Discuss
1. Identify What has replaced film in storing Images on cameras and state the advantage of this new storage medium.
Digital Camera replaced film camera.
Advantages of this new storage medium: easy to use, data compressibility, reliability...
2. Explain how digital cameras Increase your chance of taking the perfect picture.
The digital cameras are using a lens with a variable diaphragm to focus light onto an image pickup device. The diaphragm and shutter admit the correct amount of light to the imager, just as with film but the image pickup device is electronic rather than chemical. Hence, it increases the chance of taking the perfect pictures.
3. Explain the difference between an SLR camera and a point-and-shoot camera.
Main difference is that the point and shoot has small sensor, and fixed lens, whereas the DSLR has bigger sensors and interchangeable lenses. Most of P&S cameras have electronic viewfinder or are rangefinder type, whereas all the DSLR has optical viewfinder that shows the image the lens is getting
4. Define a jog Dial.
It is a type of knob, ring, wheel, or dial which allows the user to shuttle or jog through audio or video media. It is found on models of CD players which are made for disc jockeys, and on professional video equipment such as video tape recorders.
5. Differentiate between digital and optical zoom.
An optical zoom is a true zoom lens, like the zoom lens you'd use on a film camera. They produce much better-quality images. Digital zoom: Some cameras offer a digital zoom, which is simply some in-camera image processing
6. Define a megapixel and explain why it is important for a camera.
A megapixel is one million pixels. It is used to describe the resolution of digital cameras. For example, a 7.2-megapixel camera is capable of capturing 7,200,000 pixels. The higher the megapixel number, the more detail the camera can capture.
7. Describe why a photograph that will be used for a web page would be saved as a JPG with a resolution of 640x480.
Because that resolution is the standard definition.
8. Explain the advantages in setting a camera to it saves an image as a raw file type.
The raw file type can always give you the best resolution the camera can get without any compressing, that way when you need to do any editing on this file, the output file can be in a higher resolution.
9. List three rules for keeping your camera in good working order and three procures for maintaining safety while working with a digital camera.
· General Camera Care Equipment
· General Camera Etiquette
· Water and sand
10. Describe what composition has to do with taking a good photograph.
Good Composition is a key element of good photographs yet is something that is hard to define. Instead of looking at composition as a set of 'rules' to follow – I view it as a set of ingredients that can be taken out of the pantry at any point and used to make a great 'meal'
3.Edit Images 01edit,02edit,03edit,04edit,05edit and 06edit using Image editing software. Use cropping, light, and color adjustment on each image. Resize each image. When finished, using image editing software, create an 800- X 800-pixel artboard for a college. Insert each image to form a college. When you have finished placing all six images on the artboard, crop the collage to an appropriate size. Save as 4_Apply3_edited in JPG format.