Review and Discuss
1. Explain the difference between complementary and analogous color schemes.
Complementary colors are two colors directly across from each other on the color wheel. Analogous colors are colors that are next to one another on the color wheel.
2. Define the triadic color scheme.
Triadic color theme includes three evenly separated hues from a color wheel. Primary colors red, yellow, and blue are a triadic color theme because they are separated by three other colors on the traditional color wheel.
3. Summarize the three most common color models in digital media.
The three most common color models are RGB, CMYK, and HSB. RGB is based on red, green, and blue and is used for computer displays.
4. Explain the scale for RGB colors.
RGB colors are based on a scale ranging from 0 to 255. The higher number represents the purest color.
5. Describe how the color model is useful.
The color mode tells the computer which color model data to use to represent colors
6. Explain “out of gamut.”
When you create a color in RGB that cannot be matched in CMYK, it is referred to as out of gamut.
7. Define RGB and CMYK and explain the differences in the use of the two.
RGB uses a percentage of red, blue, and green to deliver a color, and CMYK uses a percentage of Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black to deliver a color. RGB is used primarily for Web or electronic delivery, and CMYK is used primarily for print delivery.
8. Detail how Adobe Color helps to generate a color theme.
The Adobe color tool generates a color theme by selecting a base color and then selecting a color rule such as complementary or triadic. It can also extract a color theme from a photo based on a mood you designate.
9. Describe the HSB color model.
HSB is a color model based on human perception of color (hue, saturation, and brightness). It is used to make adjusting colors easier and can be used in either RGB or CMYK mode.
10. Cite determining factors in what message is communicated by color.
Age, gender, and culture of the person viewing the color determine the message received by that person.
2.Use image editing software to create a new document that is the default size. Draw a variety of six shapes on your document. They can be different shapes and sizes. Use a color theme, as discussed in the textbook, to fill each shape. Labe the image with an expansion of your theme. Save as S_Apply2_themes.