1. 1. Paint programs create images by using pixels or picture elements. Images created using a grid are sometimes referred to as raster images or raster graphics. More commonly, these images are called bitmaps. These can become distorted/ pixelated when enlarged
2. Drawing programs use vectors, or lines to produce an image. These lines are created using a series of mathematical points that can be changed without distorting the drawing.
2. Great when creating rich and detailed images. Every pixel in a raster image can be a different color therefore you can create a complex image with any kind of color changes and variations.
3. It can be easily scaled up and down without any loss to the quality of the image, smooth lines and small file size.
4. Advantages: cost efficiency, high speed, excellent accessibility it can back-up and restore data;
Disadvantages: security issues, low bandwidth, flexibility issues and incompatibility.
5. Windows file names always has two parts; the file's name, then a period followed by the extension Extensions are important because they tell your computer what icon to use for the file, and what application can open the file. For example, the doc extension tells your computer that the file is a Microsoft Word file.
6. BMP, JPG, GIF, TIF
7. EPS is a general-purpose vector file format that has both the vector image data and a screen preview in the same file.
8. To reduce image file sizes, several algorithms have been written to reduce, or compress, the size of image files.
9. Save in a smaller file size and lossy deletes or changes some pixels.
10. When you find out that you need to resize an image.
2. Keeping in mind the advantages, disadvantages, and uses of each file format, choose one file format and write and original slogan advertising the file format and its usefulness. Keep the slogan to eight words or fewer. Use an available paint program to effectively communicate your slogan. Save the slogan as 3_Apply2_Slogan.