Review and Discuss
1. Define the Zoom tool and briefly explain how it works.
Zoom is the way allowed you adjust the focus of the camera was on, allows you to see things more detail or more macro way.
2. Explain the purpose of the Hand tool.
A hand tool is any tool that is powered by hand rather than a motor. Categories of hand tools include wrenches, pliers, cutters, striking tools, struck or hammered tools, screwdrivers, vises, clamps, snips, saws, drills and knives. ... Portable power tools are not hand tools.
3. Explain the difference between the foreground and background color and how each is used.
Photoshop uses the foreground color to paint, fill, and stroke selections and the background color to make gradient fills and fill in the erased areas of an image. ... You can designate a new foreground or background color using the Eyedropper tool, the Color panel, the Swatches panel, or the Adobe Color Picker.
4. Describe the Selection tool, “marching ants,” and the purpose of using the Selection tool
Marching ants helps the user to distinguish the selection border from the image background by animating the border.
5. Describe the selection tool that is best used when you want to select an irregularly shaped area.
Using the lasso tool in its arsenal to help you get the job done as easily as possible.
6. Describe the selection tools that would be used when more precise selections need to be made, and how these tools make more precise selections.
Make an initial selection with any of the selection tools. Open the Select and Mask workspace by choosing Select > Select and Mask, or by clicking Select and Mask in the Options bar for any of the selection tools.
7. Identify the option that is used on images when the edges are ragged. Describe how it works.
Magic wand – selection line forms around an adjacent are of pixels that match a pixel you click.
Magnetic lasso – selection line snaps to the edges of an object as you click and drag to trace it.
Quick selection – selection line appears on the outside edges of an object as you “paint” it.
8. Explain how the Magic Wand tool settings affect the selection of an image.
Tolerance – determines how precisely the tool does its job.
9. Explain the purpose of Quick Mask mode, and how to use it.
The purpose of Quick Mask Mode is to enable you to make and refine selections using the paint brush tool.
10. Explain the differences between the three levels of brightness and contrast: highlights, shadows, and midtones.
Shadows – the darkest part of an image which is usually black
Highlights – the lightest part of an image which is usually white.
.Midtones – the middle range of colors in an image.
File is in D2L